- To make the dipping sauce, put all the ingredients into a food blender and blitz.
- Soak the rice noodles in a bowl of hot water for 15 minutes and drain well.
- Cover the peas with boiling water to defrost. Crush the peas and mix with the avocado and season with some salt and pepper.
- When you are ready to make the rolls, dip one of the rice papers in a bowl of hot water, moving it around until the whole wrapper is soft – this will take about 10-15 seconds – then drain on a tea towel.
- Place a rice wrapper on a board and at one edge of the wrapper, add a few mint leaves, then 3 prawn halves. Place some pea and avocado mix on top of the prawns, followed by some noodles, some herbs and finally some beansprouts and carrot ribbons. Be careful not to overfill the pancakes or they will be hard to roll.
- Lift the edge of the rice paper wrapper nearest to you over the filling and, holding the filling in position with your fingers, start rolling up tightly.
- When you’re about halfway, fold the ends of the rice paper in and over the filling so that it is completely enclosed.
- Keep on rolling tightly until the whole rice paper wrapper is rolled up. To serve, cut the rolls in half on the diagonal and serve with the dipping sauce.
These can also be served with a peanut dipping sauce:
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 150ml Thai sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- A dash of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of roasted, chopped peanuts